Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Stats so far

I have been on the road for 6 ½ weeks now but haven’t gotten very far actually. I have only ridden for 16 days of that time. I have been off of the bike this time around for 19 days. This is because of days in the national park and other days just taking care of business around town, and weather days. I didn’t want to ride yesterday because it was raining and cold. 
I met hitchhikers Daniel, Misael, and Diego at the border waiting room
 (where we all ended up sleeping).
For their first time trying it, peanut butter was a hit.
I finally had to take it away from them! :)
Here are my stats:
Miles covered: 337 miles (562 kilometers)
Total days on trip: 45
Days on the bike: 16
Days off the bike:  29
Nights spent sleeping in tent:  43
Number of showers: 9
Number of beers:  19
Number of jars of peanut butter consumed: 2
Total weight I am peddling around including the bike weight but not counting my weight: 154 lbs (70kgs) *
*weight varies depending on the amount of food and water currently on the bike.
Dromedary water bag is full and it weighs 11 lbs.
2 other water bike water bottles weighing 3.3lbs.
Food panniers including the stove, full fuel bottle, water purifier, and pot/cooking utensils 35lbs
Tent and dry bag it is in 5.5 lbs
Dry bag with sleeping bag, sleep clothes, first aid kit, spare tire 6.25 lbs.
Handlebar bag with camera, GPS, maps, money pouch, sunscreen, sunglasses, iPod etc 9.9lbs
Back panniers with clothes, netbook, charging devices, (electric and solar charger), bike tools/parts, spare water purifier cartridge, shower kit 44lbs

1 comment: