Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oh yeah, and I got married....

...at least I bought a ring to make it look like I am married.  Haha, made you look! :)


Purchasing the ring was a recommendation from another biker to keep unwanted harassments from men. It isn't guaranteed to work but it may help as it offers an excuse for deterrent anyway.  The problem is that I am not a very good liar so when someone asks I usually say that I am not married.
This ring is actually an Argentinian one peso coin that has been made into a cone shape and then cut out. 
This reminds me of another funny thing. I didn't get pepper spray in Alaska prior to my trip because it is not supposed to go on a plane at all (not even in checked baggage).  In my limited Spansih I tried to think of how to ask for it. I didn't know the word for "spray." So I went into an outdoor store and asked for "proteccion de hombres" or protection from men and then realized why they sent me to the pharmacy to look for it. They probably thought I was looking for birth control! :) 

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine calls this a deflector ring (having noticed that I wear one on occassion). This would go well with your wonder woman gold wrist bands.

    ReplyDelete